The new launch of Nikon – Coolpix S800c has tried to abridge the gap between camera and Smartphone. This new Nikon Coolpix S800c runs on Android. Powered by Android 2.3 OS, Nikon Coolpix S800c is the pioneering camera to work on Android. On the release event, Nikon officials said that this camera will be focusing the youth who already have Smartphone as their main necessity. This camera was released in September 2012 and since then it has never looked back. Nikon is pretty optimistic about the performance of this camera and they may release its advanced edition pretty soon.
What’s new in Nikon Coolpix S800c?
Android interface gives lots of additional features to this point and shoot camera. People can easily download several useful mobile apps from Google Play Store. Users can now share their images pretty conveniently through their cellular network on various social networking sites including Google +, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Lots of photo editing software such as Instagram and other popular Android games like Angry Birds can be run on this camera. These features certainly give an edge to this 16 MP to its counterparts especially Samsung Galaxy camera.
Nikon Coolpix S800c features
- Nikon Coolpix S800c supports wi-fi along with a built in GPS to tag images.
- It comes with 16 MP CMOS sensor.
- The maximum zooming power in this camera is 10x.
- Offers you HD video with 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Featured with stylish 3.5 inch OLED touch screen.
- It is capable of shooting in all the standard modes.
- Properly configured with auto exposure feature and self timer function.
- It also comes with an advanced vibration reduction mode.
- It has been launched in two color variants: white and black
- Its memory has been partitioned in two sections. 1.7 GB for multimedia files (images and videos) while 680 MB for Android apps.
- It is available at the retail outlet at price of $350.